Safari Club International is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and promoting wildlife conservation worldwide. www.safariclub.org
- SCI is a 501(c) 4 hunter advocacy organization.
- Since 1979, SCI has spent nearly $400 million on hunter advocacy and wildlife conservation.
- Since 2000 alone, SCI has spent $200 million protecting the freedom to hunt.
- SCI’s Washington, D.C. office includes attorneys and wildlife biologists working 24/7 on behalf of all hunters.
- SCI-PAC is the largest hunter driven Political Action Committee supporting only pro-sportsman candidates.
Safari Club International Foundation funds and directs worldwide programs dedicated to wildlife conservation and outdoor education. www.safariclubfoundation.org
- SCIF is a 501(c) 3 charitable organization.
- Since 2000, SCIF has provided $60 million to promote science based conservation through wildlife research, youth and teacher education, and humanitarian programs that prove the importance of the hunting community worldwide.
- Growth of SCI Foundation continues through charitable donations and grants from members, chapters, and the SCI organization.
The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation, which embraces hunting as a management tool, is the world’s most successful.
- 75% of Americans approve of hunting.
- In 1937 an 11% tax on guns, ammo, bows and arrows was requested by hunters to help fund conservation, raising more than $10 billion.
- Sportsman contribute, on average, nearly $8 million a day, adding more than $2.9 billion every year for wildlife conservation.
- Hunters pay more than $1.6 billion a year for conservation programs.
- Hunter funded habitat, research and wildlife law enforcement work to help multiple game and non-game species.
Hunters are the world’s greatest positive force for conservation.