Links of Interest
Back to Front Page
- To promote good fellowship among those who love the sport of hunting. Encourage by actions and contributions the conservation of the world’s wildlife and wilderness lands and the preservation of the rights and interest of the hunter.
- To aid conservation by initiating projects, and by supporting worthwhile projects of other organizations, both at home and abroad with interest and goals similar to ours.
- To operate the association as a non-profit organization for the enjoyment of its members and to conserve the animals which they hunt today for the benefit of those who will enjoy and hunt them tomorrow.
- To educate our youth in the safe and proper sportsman like use of firearms and to interest them in the conservation and preservation of wildlife and habitat, that is our natural heritage.
- To promote and preserve the privilege of the hunter and the angler to harvest surplus wildlife under proper games laws and principles so as to conserve these resources for those who will hunt and fish in the future.
- To educate the public on the benefits of hunting and it’s traditional and historic role in the successful conservation of the worlds wildlife.
SCI code of ethics
- Recognizing my responsibilities to wildlife, habitat and future generations, I pledge:
- To conduct myself in the field so as to make a positive contribution to wildlife and ecosystems.
- To improve my skills as a woodsman and marksman to ensure humane harvesting of wildlife.
- To comply with all game laws, in the spirit of Fair Chase, and to influence companions accordingly.
- To accept my responsibility to provide all possible assistance to game law enforcement officers.
- To waste no opportunity to teach young people the full meaning of this code of ethics.
- To reflect in word and behavior only credit upon the fraternity of sportsmen, and to demonstrate abiding respect for game, habitat and property where I am privileged to hunt.
2017 - 2018 officers- Los Angeles Chapter
President - Bob Motheral
Vice President - Fred Spohr
Treasurer - Johnny Dabbaghian
Secretary - Daniel Kenney
Chapter Liaison - Dave Costarella
2017 - 2018 Board of Directors - Los Angeles Chapter
Joe Knight Jr.
Immediate Past President - Los Angeles Chapter
Past Presidents - Los Angeles Chapter
Committee Chairpersons - Los Angeles Chapter
Membership - Bural LaRue
Fundraising - Daniel Kenney
Special Events - Jim Merzwaik
Publication - David Compton
Communications - Joe Knight Jr.
Governmental Affairs - Susan Hayes